First Full Walk Cyc...

Notifications
Clear all

First Full Walk Cycle

rontarrant
(@rontarrant)
Topic starter  

Hi All,

This is my first try at a full walk cycle. I've done several from the waist down, but added the body and arms this time. Maybe next time, if I'm feeling brave, I'll do fingers!

Doing the body wasn't too hard (or was it?). Once the hips/pelvis was done, I just counter-animated each successive control working my way up to the head.

But the arms. Oh, God, the arms! I'm sure I've got them out of sync. At least, that's how they look to me. I tried some overlap with the forearms and I think it worked, but with the upper arms out of sync with the body/legs, it's hard for me to tell.

And thanks, Chris, for inviting me to post this here!

And here it is.

rontarrant
(@rontarrant)
Topic starter  

How do I edit a post on this forum? I realized I hadn't included frame numbers and I'd like to change the link so it's pointing at a version of the walk cycle that does have them, but I don't see any way to go back and edit.

Oh, well. Here's the link to the one with frame numbers: Walk cycle with frame numbers

ReplyQuote
rontarrant
(@rontarrant)
Topic starter  

The 'Edit' button showed up on my second post. I edited the post to mention this and the editing seemed to go normally, but when I saved the edited message, the 'Edit' button disappeared along with the changes I made.

Very odd. Perhaps this is because of the full moon. 😉

ReplyQuote
Bond_Savingsbond
(@bond_savingsbond)

Hello Ron,

Nice work for your very first walkcycle.  From what I can tell, Frame 14 and 15 are what is causing issues.  

Frame 14 : The knee of the left leg has a big pop when it changes direction

I also noticed that from frame 14-16 the left foot starts to lift off the ground before the right foot is fully planted.

Overall  this is a much better job that what I did on my very first walkcycle 🙂

ReplyQuote
rontarrant
(@rontarrant)
Topic starter  

Thanks, Mr. Bond. I didn't mean to suggest that this is my first ever walk cycle, just the first I've done with swinging arms.

And knee pop is my big bugaboo. Can't seem to get rid of it and I've been banging on it for months. At one point, I had a walk with no knee pop, but then I realized I hadn't done the hip gyration yet. And when I did, the knee pop came back into it. (sigh)

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

ReplyQuote
diane01
(@diane01)

Hello

ReplyQuote
Share: